Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tis the Season
I went to the mall Christmas shopping last night. I just don't know what to buy many of the people on my list so gift cards were the way to go for most of them. Did you know that they now charge a fee to buy a gift card? Seems a little ridiculous to me but oh well. My 10 year old cousin lives in Texas and will be visiting us this Christmas. I bought him a $25 American Express gift card (so that he can spend it anywhere). This card cost me a $4 fee - beats me why that's necessary. A $50 one carried an $8 fee. I think those are some hefty charges. Truly I hate to give gift cards as it seems like I didn't take the time to shop. I know I probably should be making some gifts. Last Christmas, I made both my aunt and my grandmother a digi scrapbooking album. I was very proud of the results, but dear old grandma thought my mother made it and I didn't get her anything. I still need to do some more shopping but have the most difficult people to buy for. My parents have everything they ever wanted and they are so hard to buy for. Time to start doing some thinking . . .

No comments: